Monday, February 4, 2013

Just Egypt

I'm going to use the blog to capture moments of Egypt's life for two reasons. First, I'm afraid I will forget about some of these over time and they will be lost forever. Second, I hope Egypt will someday read these and realize they are a glimpse into her childhood.

If you ask Egypt her name, she will most likely say: "Egypt Laurel Kain". If she answers, "Egypt", I will say, "Egypt who" and she will always respond, "Egypt Laurel Kain". 

However, if I call Egypt by her first, middle and last names for any reason, she will respond that her name is: "just Egypt". If I call her "sweetie, nutball, cutie, daughter, etc.", I'm more than likely to hear: "my name is just Egypt". 

My response is to call Egypt, "Just Egypt" and she will respond, "no, I'm Just Egypt". At which point I agree and say, "OK, Just Egypt". We can go around and around. Sometimes Egypt gets a good giggle out of our routine and others she can get quite frustrated.

I will also use these entries to add a picture that might not fit in any other posts, again to capture a part of Egypt's childhood.

January 2, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment